Home Learning Resources
English Language Arts | General | Math | Physical Activity | Podcasts | Science | Social Studies/History | STEM/Coding | Virtual Field Trips | Technology | Library Resources
- > APACHE - Association of Peoria Area Christian Home Educators
- > Illinois State Board of Education - Home Schooling
- > Rainbow Resource Center - supplies and helpful staff
- > Illinois Early Learning Project
- > Brooke Brown's Maker Stations - Easy to follow maker stations that will last 3 weeks.
- > Chrome Music Lab - Create your own music and art using one of several different tools.
- > Art cyclopedia
- > Google Arts & Culture
- > 100+ Free Art Lessons
English Language Arts
K-2, Early Literacy
- > YouTube Storyhour with an APL librarian
- > TumbleBooks
- > ReadWriteThink
- > University of texas coding bootcamp - Programming Skills and comprehension for grades k-8
- > Storyline Online - Streaming videos of children's books read by actors
- > Reading Rockets
- > Reading Bear
- > Scholastic
- > Literary Fusions - Ideas for integrating technology, social studies, and other core subject areas into a wide variety of current literature, from picture books to novels.
- > Edji - Annotate PDFs for close reading
- > Read to Lead - self-directed games that allow students to engage in their learning through critical thinking skills and reading comprehension
- > Thesaurus
- > Dictionary
- > Encyclopedia
- > World Book Online
- > News ELA - Access articles at 5 different reading levels
- > Career Girls - Explore careers featuring over 600 diverse and accomplished women role models
- > Engage NY - CCSS Lessons for ELA and Math grades K-12
English As a Second Language, All ages
- > Colorin' Colorado - a bi-lingual site for educators and families of English Language Learners
- > Duolingo
- > Spanish Playground
- > Quizlet - Digital flash cards for all subject ares
- > Ted Talks
- > Boom Cards - self-grading, gamified exercises
- > Fact Monster - A homework help and reference site for kids in grades K-6
- > Bedtime Math (adult navigation recommended)
- > SPLAT!
- > Math Games - Offers digital practice of math skills and printable worksheets.
- > Splash Learn - K-5 Math Practice
- > Prodigy
- > Greg Tang Math
- > The Get It Guide - Parental Resource for middle school math
- > Desmos - Interactive lessons and free calculators
- > Kahn Academy
- > Middle School Statistics
- > Virtual Nerd - Offers tutorials for CCSS organized by grade level and standard
- > Math I Can Do - High-Speed math editor for writing long-form math up to three times faster than pencil and paper.
- > Claim Your Future - In this online game, students create a budget based on future careers
- > Unicef Kid Power Up - Offers Brain break dances for kids, and each time they take a brain break they are earning points to help others.
- > GoNoodle
- > Cosmic Kids Yoga
- > Move To Learn: Instructional Dance Breaks
- > SHAPE America
Podcasts for Students
- > Listenwise
- > Tumble
- > Book Club for Kids
- > The Show About Science
- > Shabam!
- > Brains On!
- > Classics for Kids
- > Eleanor Amplified
- > The Past and the Curious
- > The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel
- > Story Pirates
- > Radiolab
- > The Allusionist
- > 99% Invisible
- > Reply All
- > Welcome to Nightvale
- > The Sporkful
- > This I Believe
- > Mystery Doug - K-5 Lessons with videos and handouts
- > Science Mom - Science activities for kids of all ages
- > Generation Genius Online science videos and lessons for grades K-5
- > Educational Innovations - DIY science experiments
- > Virtual Escape Rooms
- > National Institute of Environmental Health Science
- > Discovery Education
- > National Geographic
- > Ben's Guide to the US Government
- > Nomster Chef - Cooking demonstrations for families with connections to social studies, math, and literacy
- > Heifer International - Resources for learning at home and school
- > US Census Bureau Remote Learning Activities
- > Checkology - Develop News Literacy Skills
- > Newseum ED - Access primary sources for history and social studies
STEM and Coding
- > Code.org
- > EVERFI - Free online courses on financial education, STEM, career readiness, health and wellness, SEL, and more.
- > Coding for Kids - Learn to code using a range of courses
- > CK 12 - Resources for learning about Science, Math, Technology, and Photography with video based lessons
- > WISC-Online - High-quality educational learning materials
- > Numerade - Video library of step-by-step instruction for STEM course content
- > Computer Science - The Ultimate STEM Resource guide for kids!
Virtual Field Trips
- > Explore.org
- > National Museum of Natural History Virtual Tour
- > San Diego Zoo - Contains videos, live camera footage, stories, and activities for all ages.
- > Monterey Bay Aquarium - Offers videos, live camera footage, and information on a variety of marine animals
- > Caring for Cows and Nourishing Communities - This virtual field trip to a dairy farm teaches students about cows and how milk goes from the farm to the grocery store.
- > Common Sense.org
- > Google Classroom Tutorial
- > Google Meets Tutorials
- > ThingLink - Annotate photos or videos using interactive features. Also available as an app.
- > Edpuzzle - Tailor video lessons to your instruction and use as a formative assessment tool.
- > Pear Deck - An interactive presentation tool for individual or group instruction.
- > CMU CS Academy - Interactive online high school computer science curriculum
- > How to get a library card
- > Inter-Library Loan Service
- > Databases
- > Free E-Books and E-Audio Books
3527 South Airport Road, Bartonville, IL 61607-1799
Telephone: 1 (309) 697-3822