How do I....
More Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the library's hours?Mon-Thurs. 10 - 6
Saturday 10 - 5
2. Do I live in Alpha Park Library's district?Please click here for a map of the district.
3. How long can I keep materials that I have checked out?Rental books and Rental DVDs - 1 week
eBooks - Up to 21 days
Books on CD - 3 weeks
All other books - 3 weeks
Playaways - 3 weeks
Magazines - 1 week
CD-ROMs - 1 week
Music CDs - 3 weeks
Videos on DVD and Blu-Ray - 2 weeks
Toys and Games - 3 weeks
4. How much do you charge for items that are returned late?
6. How much are any additional fees at the library?All fees @ the Alpha Park Public Library
7. Can I get a text notification?Yes. With the Library's new Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to...
- Receive text notices about: holds that are available, items that are due soon, overdue items, and fines.
- Send a text to renew a loan. If the item is eligible for renewal, it will renew. If the item is not eligible for renewal, it will fail. Either result will be reported by text message. [Text messaging information flyer]
8. How do I get an email notification?Stop by the Circulation desk, use the online library account, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to add your email to your library account. You’ll receive notices when your books are coming due, when your holds are available, and when your card is about to expire.
9. Can I borrow materials from another library?Yes. You can do this online by signing in to the library’s website at and then click on the “Library Catalog” link. Sign in with your library card number and PIN. Search for an item and then click the “HOLD” button. Or, You can contact the Information Desk at (309) 697-3822 x13 and we’d be happy to place the hold for you.
10. Does the library have a Facebook account?Yes. [Facebook FAQ]
Like our Facebook page at
11. Can I suggest a purchase?Yes. You may suggest a purchase in person at the Information Desk. You may call the Information Desk at 697-3822, ext. 13, or e-mail Information staff at email@example.com. Unless a requested item’s cost is very high, or is not a “fit” with Alpha Park’s collection—if it’s appropriate for a college library, for example—we will honor almost all requests for purchase.
12. Can I place a hold on an item?Yes.You can do this online by signing in to the library’s website at and then click on the “Library Catalog” link. Sign in with your library card number and PIN. Search for an item and then click the “HOLD” button. Or, You can contact the Information Desk at (309) 697-3822 x13 and we’d be happy to place the hold for you.
Your Alpha Park Public Library no longer charges overdue fines on items returned late, and all past overdue fines have been erased. Some exceptions apply. Read the full policy here:Fine Free Policies
5. What if I lose library books or other items, or they are damaged?
Any fees accrued for missing or damaged items (or other fees, including late fees assessed by other libraries) will still be in place. An account with fees in excess of $5.00 will be blocked. An account in blocked status will need to settle the fee charges (by either returning the item or lowering the fees on their account under $5.00) in order to restore the ability to borrow materials from Alpha Park Library.
13. Does the library have any resources for Small Businesses?
Yes. The library has received a Small Business Grant to assist local small businesses and entrepreneurs. This grant allows small business owners to check-out equipment and materials that may help their business succeed. This grant also includes those individuals who are considering starting a small business. [Small Business Resources]
14. Do you have an employment application online that I can print out?
15. Are there volunteer opportunities at the library?
16. Can you notarize a document?
Yes. We generally have a staff notary on duty between the hours of 9:00 a.m . - 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday, but please call first to make sure a staff member is on duty before you arrive (309) 697-3822. You’ll want to bring your unsigned document along with a form of ID.
17. How do I make a donation?
Support your library by making a tax-deductible gift today! Generous patrons like you help fund a variety of vital services we offer to all individuals who visit Alpha Park Public Library including: Summer Reading programs, access to the Internet, collection development, technology assistance, and so much more. Use the donate button on our website or Facebook page, contact the Director at 697-3822 ext. 13, or stop by the library today!