As part of our mission to support and encourage a lifelong love of literature, we strive to provide easy access to a variety of materials, in a variety of formats, to meet every reader’s needs. The youth services department of Alpha Park Library is a fun, playful and engaging space for young readers to comfortably connect with books and more.
Please visit us and explore the youth areas, meet your librarians and join in the fun programs we offer. Fun and learning at Alpha Park Library is for all ages!
1. Youth Book Club - Mondays; March 30, & April 27, from 2 & 4 p.m.Come join our monthly youth book club. Each month we examine a favorite book, have a snack, and do a fun activity to go with the book. Best for kids in 2 - 6 grade.
March Book:"Love That Dog" by Sharon Creech
April Book:"Origami Yoda" by Tom Angleberger
2. Construction Club - Tuesdays; March 31, April 28, and May 26, from 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Attention architects! Build your own creation or try one of our challenges. Registration is not required, so come by and join the fun.
3. Tech Play Day - Tuesday; March 24, from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
4. Make it / Take It - Saturday; March 14, Friday; April 10, and
Saturday; May 9, from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
6. T-Rex Tea Party Saturday, April 25, 1 or 3 p.m.Oh-la-la...RAWR! You've never been to a party like this! Join us for dinosaur stories, songs, play, and of course ...tea.
Register online at: alphapark.org or call 697-3822 ext 13.
7. 1,000 BOOKS READ BEFORE KINDERGARTEN Alpha Park Public LibraryWe are happy to introduce our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program! Stop by the library to register your young child. You will get a tracking sheet and app tips for recording your reading together. Your reader will receive prizes along their journey and we will celebrate our graduates at a special event each year. You’ll be amazed at how quickly 1,000 books flies by—stop in and get started today!
For Your Information
National Library WeekIn celebration of National Library Week, April 19-25, Alpha Park staff will deliver books to 3-year-olds at area preschools during special storytimes.
Alpha Park Library provides a small gift to encourage children as they build a lifelong love of reading.
Library Card Round-UpAlpha Park Library staff will also visit each 1st grade class in the library district this spring as part of a Library Card Round-Up tour.
Public school first grade students will bring home information about registering for a library card and receive their new cards at a special classroom storytime soon after.
Attention ArtistWould you like to show off your talent to the entire Alpha Park Library District? Submit your best interpretation of the summer reading club theme; "Dig Deeper: Read! Investigate! Discover!", on a bookmark by May 20.
A winner will be chosen, and their work will be reproduced as the official summer reading club bookmark!.
Storytimes are held in six-week sessions throughout the year. Sessions may include books, fingerplays, crafts, songs, and active play.
Children should be the appropriate ages at the first class of each session.
Toddlertime: Storytime for 2-year-olds with an adult.
Tuesdays, 10—10:30 a.m.
(March 17 - April 21)
Book Babies: Parents and caregivers with babies aged 12—24 months are invited to the library for songs, books, and group play.
Wednesdays, 10—10:30 a.m.
(March 18 - April 22)
Bookworms: Storytime for ages 3 to 6 moving towards independence.
Tuesdays, 10:30—11 a.m.
(March 17 - April 21)
Wednesdays, 1—1:30 p.m.
(March 18 - April 22)
Twilight Tales: Evening storytime for ages 3 to 8.
Thursday evenings, 6:30—7 p.m.
(March 19 - April 23)
Drop in and try out some of our latest epuipment, including virtual reality headsets and gaming computers. Our staff will be on hand to help you explore the items.
For all ages. Registration is not required, so come by and join the fun.
Children ages 4 through 4th grade along with their parent or caregiver are invited to make a special craft. Registration is not required, so come by and join the fun.
Saturday, March 14: Rainbow Craft
Friday, April 10: Bunny Craft
Satruday, May 9: Flower Pot Craft
5. "Frozen 2" Celebration Saturday, March 28, 10 a.m - 1 p.m.Calling friends of Anna, Elsa, Sven, and Olaf! We will celebrate the recent release with snacks, games and crafts. This is a drop-in event for both princes and princesses.
Dress up is encouraged.