As part of our mission to support and encourage a lifelong love of literature, we strive to provide easy access to a variety of materials, in a variety of formats, to meet every reader’s needs. The youth services department of Alpha Park Library is a fun, playful and engaging space for young readers to comfortably connect with books and more.
Please visit us and explore the youth areas, meet your librarians and join in the fun programs we offer. Fun and learning at Alpha Park Library is for all ages!
1. Summer Reading Kickoff - Wednesday, May 30th, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.Sign up the WHOLE FAMILY for the Summer Reading Club at Alpha Park Public Library! Registration begins at the kickoff event. The program will run until July 28. The kickoff party is a great time to get signed up, pick up all the information, and enjoy snacks and face painting. If you cannot make it to the party, don’t fret! Sign up at the library anytime after May 30. Add to my
2. ABC Amigos: Spanish Storytime - Friday June 1, 15, 10:30 a.m.Hola amigos! Research finds that children who learn a second language show increased cognitive benefits as soon as three years old. Come play and learn some Spanish during this fun storyhour with guest instructor Caitlin Streeky. Best for ages 3-7, but all are welcome.
3. The Whip Guy - Friday, June 8, 10:00 a.m.Do not miss whip master Chris Camp and his exciting whip demonstration and program. Chris’ daring show is filled with stunts, history, physics, and lots of humor. This whip-cracking event is appropriate for the whole family. Add to my
4. Wild Times Exotics - Tuesday, June 12, 4:00 p.m.Get the educational experience of the zoo without leaving town! Wild Times Exotics will bring a small menagerie of exciting animals to broaden our horizons and knowledge. Add to my
5. Eskimo Games - Monday, June 25, 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.If the Winter Olympics gave you the itch to try something new, here is your chance! Author and longtime Alaskan resident Scott Norman will join us to highlight some unique aspects of Alaskan and Inuit culture and lead us through a course of games from the World Eskimo Olympics and the Inuit Games. Add to my
6. Construction Club - Tuesday, June 26, 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.Attention architects! Builders can now join us MONTHLY for a building challenge and free design time. Materials will be provided. No registration required. Come by and join the fun! Add to my
7. Babaloo - Thursday, June 28, 6:30 p.m.Babaloo is BACK at the library and we cannot wait! Babaloo is an award winning songwriter who specializes in fun, catchy songs for children. You’ll sing, you’ll laugh, and you’ll make inappropriate noises. Best for children ages 10 and younger. Add to my
Storytimes are held in six-week sessions throughout the year. Sessions may include books, fingerplays, crafts, songs, games, and/or videos. Children must be the appropriate ages at the first class of each session.
Book Babies: Parents/caregivers with babies ages 12-24 months are invited to the library for activities. Songs, creative time, and group play.
Wednesdays, 10:00 to 10:30 am
June 6, 13, 20, 27
Toddlertime: Storytime for 2-year-olds with an adult.
Tuesdays, 10:00 to 10:30 a.m.
June 5, 12, 19, 26
Bookworms: Storytime for ages 3 to 6.
Tuesdays, 10:30-11:00 a.m.
June 5, 12, 19, 26
Wednesdays, 1:00-1:30 p.m.
June 6, 13, 20, 27
Thursday Tales: Storytime for 2- and 3-year-olds with an adult.
Thursdays, 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
June 7, 14, 21, 28
Music Fun Around the World: Storytime for 3-8 year olds. Join us as we sing, dance, and craft our way around the world.
Monday evenings, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
June 4, 11, 18, 25