Adult and Public Services: Programs
The Great British Baking Tour: Holiday EditionDecember 7 at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom
Join UK travel/relocation consultant and former UK resident Claire Evans for a delightful culinary tour of the UK inspired by "The Great British Baking Show" Television Series, Aired on PBS. Learn about making a proper cup of tea, regional specialties, their origins, and the particular parts of the UK that they hail from. She'll translate the trickiest parts of British recipes for Americans, so you can try them in your own kitchen. Registration required. Please visit our website to register for the event.
Explore More IllinoisExplore More Illinois is a new program which allows library users to visit other museums/attractions around the state, either without charge or at a discounted price. Folks will no longer need to pick up a pre-printed pass at the library, though some attractions still require a pass. Here’s how it will work:
• Using a computer, go to the website https://exploremore.quipugroup.net/?AlphaPark
• Log into the site using your library card number—on your card; it begins with “D080…”—and the password that you use to access your library account online
• On the “Available Attractions” page, all participating institutions are listed, with instructions about requiring or not requiring a printed pass, etc.
• Click the green “Reserve” button to get a pass for the day
• For a different day, click on “Reserve Different Date”
• Once a date has been chosen, click on “Continue” to confirm your reservation
Please note that the Peoria Riverfront Museum DOES require a printed pass, so you will need to print one to have in hand when you go to the museum.
Alpha Park will receive one pass per day, and each library card is limited to two passes per calendar year. One pass will admit two adults and their children (must be under the age of 18).
Peoria Riverfront Museum Pass
Alpha Park Library patrons may check out a pass to the Peoria Riverfront Museum with a valid library card! We have one pass available on a first come basis. Call the library at (309) 697-3822 x10 for more details.
This page is currently under construction.