News and Updates
New Gaming Items!
See our new gaming section! With all of the classic family favorites. Be sure to check out our new items! featuring Risk, Clue, Scene it?, Battleship, Monopoly, Settlers of Catan, and many more!
We at the Alpha Park Public Library are proud to announce that we are now offering board games in the library to check out and play. Located in the magazine section near the Large Print and Graphic Novels, come in, grab a game and play! You can also check the games out to take home and play with friends and family. Pickle Ball kits and Frisbee Golf Frisbee Discs are also available for check out.
Tax HelpAARP Tax Assistance The annual tax assistance is solely conducted by AARP volunteers, not the library. These volunteers have informed us that they are booked for this tax season and are no longer accepting phone calls. Unfortunately, we have no other information to provide and cannot give out a contact number. If you’d like additional resources, here are some options:
Free Tax Return Preparation for Qualifying Taxpayers on the IRS.GOV website:
• https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/ (Small fees may apply)
FreeTaxUSA: https://www.freetaxusa.com/ (State fees apply)
AARP YouTube tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtVYBYELwJI
COVID-19 informationWhat it is? Coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The disease can be spread through close contact (within six feet of another person) or by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching your own mouth, nose, or eyes. (CDC)
What we’re doing now: Currently we are open and operating.
Our hours are: M-TH 9AM-9PM, F 9AM-6PM and Saturday from 9AM-5PM.
All materials returned are quarantined and processed in a manner in compliance with local health guidelines. Due to this continued quarantined time, late fines for items have been waived.
If a patron’s library card has expired and they do not wish to come into the library for their card renewal, arrangements can be made to use our curbside service.
We are continually sanitizing high frequency touched surfaces, and require all patrons to wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth while in the library. We are doing our best to keep the safety of our patrons and our staff at the forefront of our operation services.
How to keep using the library from afar:
• Place holds and renew items by using your RSAcat account, which is accessible through the library website, the RSAcat mobile app, or by calling the Circulation Desk at 697-3822 x10
• Utilize the Axis360 and Libby apps to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
• Conduct online research with World Book Online, OCLC FirstSearch, and Creativebug
How you can help:
• If experiencing symptoms, protect yourself and others by avoiding public spaces
• Avoid contact with people who are sick
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Avoid coughing and sneezing into your hands. Instead, do so in the crook of your elbow or a tissue
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Where to get facts:
• Peoria City/County Health Department
• Illinois Department of Public Health
• Center for Disease Control (CDC)
• World Health Organization (WHO)