News and Updates
Valentine By DesignFeb 1-13
Create a valentine masterpiece for someone you love. Stop by the design station in our Youth Services department or ask for a to-go kit!
Fandom FrenzyFeb.1-6: Minecraft
Feb.21-27: Wings of Fire
Have you used quarantine to get more involved in your favorite stories? We have! Join us all month as we celebrate some of our favorite fandoms with goodie bags. Grab a goodie bag and test yourself with the trivia inside. Return the trivia to the library to get a matching button (and answers). Collect all 4!
Very new books! - Travel Series set 2
Our newest additions. Check out our extensive travel series at APL!
Join our virtual book club live via zoom, where we will be discussing Brit Bennet's The Vanishing Half: The Vignes twin sisters will always be identical. But after growing up together in a small, southern black community and running away at age sixteen, it's not just the shape of their daily lives that is different as adults, it's everything.
Former UK resident Claire Evans presents real-life locations from the world of Harry Potter in this Zoom event.
Each month, we'll post a no-stress themed crafting video to our Facebook and YouTube pages for any skill level. January's project is a framed calendar! Show off your skills by sharing an image of your craft on the Facebook Event page and be entered into a raffle for a prize.
COVID-19 informationWhat it is? Coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The disease can be spread through close contact (within six feet of another person) or by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching your own mouth, nose, or eyes. (CDC)
What we’re doing now: Currently we are open and operating.
Our hours are: M-TH 9AM-9PM, F 9AM-6PM and Saturday from 9AM-5PM.
All materials returned are quarantined and processed in a manner in compliance with local health guidelines. Due to this continued quarantined time, late fines for items have been waived.
If a patron’s library card has expired and they do not wish to come into the library for their card renewal, arrangements can be made to use our curbside service.
We are continually sanitizing high frequency touched surfaces, and require all patrons to wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth while in the library. We are doing our best to keep the safety of our patrons and our staff at the forefront of our operation services.
How to keep using the library from afar:
• Place holds and renew items by using your RSAcat account, which is accessible through the library website, the RSAcat mobile app, or by calling the Circulation Desk at 697-3822 x10
• Utilize the Axis360 and Libby apps to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
• Conduct online research with World Book Online, OCLC FirstSearch, and Creativebug
How you can help:
• If experiencing symptoms, protect yourself and others by avoiding public spaces
• Avoid contact with people who are sick
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Avoid coughing and sneezing into your hands. Instead, do so in the crook of your elbow or a tissue
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Where to get facts:
• Peoria City/County Health Department
• Illinois Department of Public Health
• Center for Disease Control (CDC)
• World Health Organization (WHO)
Wireless Printing Instructions - Send print jobs directly to the APL printer from your home computer, or any mobile device such as a tablet, laptop, or smartphone!
- Home Learning
Home Learning - A variety of educational resources on many topics, organized by grade level and subject.
Catalog - Search the library's materials or check your account.
TumbleBooks - You can now access your favorite TumbleBooks offline with the new TumblePad 2.0 reading software. Download the TumblePad for free onto your laptop or netbook and you’ll have a portable TumbleBook library on the go!!
- OCLC FirstSearch
OCLC FirstSearch - (Full-text databases) For authorization name and password, please call the library at (309) 697-3822 x13 (IL state grant guidelines prevent posting.)
- Wireless Printing
Book DisplaysBig BooksCult Classic FilmsCult Classic FilmsWelcome SpringYouth ServicesYouth ServicesYouth ServicesYouth ServicesYouth Services